The van that we have bought and customising to Defra standards will also be doubling as so many other things, we will be delivering aid, applying first aid at the roadside, rescueing injured and abused animals as well as delivering donations to those that need it the most. We need so many items to fill that van every other month, we simply are unable to do this alone...We need your help.
Please note we will be driving on route to Romania through France, then onto Belgium, Holland, Germany, Austria, Hungary, and finally, Romania. So we can arrrange collection points with our European friends so they can help with donations on route as well.
There are two ways you can help with this appeal, you can donate items or funds to buy items needed.
The items that we need are listed below as well as a justgiving link and paypal link for you to donate monies if you are unable to help with items but still want to help with the appeal.
We urgently need your help, and hope that in some way you can help fill Bertha so she can deliver her precious donations to those who are in such despetare need. Please contact us to arrange collection or for delivery address.
ITEMS URGENTLY NEEDED
MEDICAL SUPPLIES - These will be used to apply at the scene of where an injured animal is found or to treat an ongoing problem.
- Drontal Worming Tablets
Frontline Flea and Tick/Flea Treatment
Canine Disinfectant wipes
Medical Skin creams for various skin conditions
Gauze - For wrapping wounds or muzzling the injured animal
Nonstick bandages, towels, or strips of clean cloth - To control bleeding or protect wounds
Adhesive tape - for bandages
Milk of magnesia - To absorb poison
Large syringe (type to give medicine)
Nutriment treatments ( to add to water)
Cotton tip buds - For cleaning delicate/small areas
Empty plastic squeezy type bottles to flush wounds
Antiseptic powder - To apply to wet wounds
Please note all food donations must be sealed and within expiry date
- Bags of dried dog food for adults
- Bags of dried dog food for puppies/kittens
- Powdered dietary formulas for adults
- Powdered dietary formulas for puppies/kittens
- Supplementary milk formula for puppies/kittens
Miscellaneous Items - These items are desperately needed, some will be used at the roadside by us or given to individuals who rescue and care for animals in Romania but simply cannot afford to buy them.
- Blankets - These will be used at the roadside, also doubling as a stretcher. These will also be distributed to shelters and NGO's
- Waterproof dog jackets - These will be used at the roadside and any spare will be distributed to shelters and NGO's
- Plastic Dog shelters - These will be put in places such as woods and rural areas. Any spare will be given to shelters and NGO's
- Dog cages/platic kennels, various sizes needed for animal rescuers to rescue animals and for shelter during the forthcoming witner months.
MONIETARY DONATIONS - There are a number of ways you can donate to this appeal. Please choose your preferred method of payment and click on the logo to be forwardeed to that site
Thank you in advance for anything you can do to help.
HAVE A DOG/CAT NEEDS TRANSPORT?
If you are an individual or a group who has a dog/cat ready (fully vaccinated and passported) to be transported to one of the countries we will be passing back through on route to the UK. We are more than happy to transport them and drop them off with their adopter for you. We would be asking for a monietary donation for this as this will then help towards the aid missions fuel costs to and from Romania. There are 5 places available.